Thursday, October 5, 2017

MPM1D1 Day 22 Review

Today was a day for students to work through a review package to prepare for their test tomorrow. Before they started I answered a bunch of questions about the test, such as "How long is it?" to which I gave my standard response "11 inches". I could have told them it was 8.5 inches wide but they didn't seem interested.

The room was just buzzing the entire period. Everyone was working on different things in different ways. Some students put their headphones on and worked on their own, others worked on problems but checked with a group member if they got stuck and a few worked on questions as a group. Some students started on the first question and worked through the questions in order while others focused on the content they felt least confident about. There were some great discussions and some excellent peer teaching. I'm hoping for good things tomorrow.

I offered to run an online tutorial tonight through Adobe Connect. As it turns out I didn't have anybody show up. I wonder if that's because they forgot, didn't need it or had technical difficulties. I was unable to login on my Windows machine but had no issues on my Mac or iPad. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment